Thursday, July 8, 2010

My road being paved

Hello everyone!
I have been taking a long time to get started so I finally decided to just wing it and write. Today I am going to get started on road construction which I am sure that this topic in itself is unlimited, but recently I had the pleasure of my road being resurfaced and all the headaches that is associated with that. Don’t get me wrong I am glad to see my road being worked on but I have a list of complaints.
1. There are many roads that are in worse shape than my road that could be fixed especially roads that are heavily traveled.
2. All the flags, cones, barrels, signs in my yard that I have to move or mow around. Not to mention killing some of my grass.
3. Closing my street so I can’t park in my driveway or out front.
4. Being told by the city to have your trash down the street for pickup only to have neighbors don’t and the trucks still go down the street to for pickup.
5. Water pipe break while trying to do laundry, dishes and cooking so no water for at least a few hours. (Luckily it didn’t take too long and I was still able to take a shower and finish the wash so I could pack for my trip out of town.)
6. Unable to sleep in the morning do to the noise.
7. When it comes time to finally finish paving the road which a neighbor decides to park their vehicle on the road and no one was around to move it out of the way so they could pave. Hello a few more days of a closed road 
Okay I know I should just stop complaining but seriously people why would you leave your car on the very road that was prepped and ready to go to be paved. Park the vehicle you are not using in the drive or down the street while you are gone! Why make everyone else have to wait and cause more time for the construction crews.
Maybe I can hit on other construction issues later and especially my issues with people whom I will say need a course in commonsense. Maybe we can idiot proof the world one word at a time?!?
Most likely not, too many are out there and most think they have commonsense. Like my husband says, “commonsense is knowledge gained from experiences”. While people may have the right experiences to learn from, many may not be learning.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment