Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back again and "Pay at the Pump?"

Pay-at-the-pump gasoline pump in Indiana, Unit...Image via Wikipedia
Hello, sorry it has been awhile since I last posted. A lot has been going on since my last post that has contributed to me taking a mini vacation from blogging. The positive is that it looks like I may be achieving one of the goals for writing this blog. The goal of being less cynical in my everyday life or maybe not as stressed out by having a place to vent. After my last post I noticed I was once again seeing the brighter side of things, so I may start another blog called "on the brighter side" or "on a lighter note" not sure at the moment.

 First I need to finishing venting.

My topic to vent on today? The so called "Pay At The Pump".
 Now I think this is a great thing to drive up to a gas pump, swipe your card and fill your tank, then hit yes for receipt and have it print and be able to get back on your way. But that of  course would be too easy.
Now sometimes it is this easy, but unfortunately it seems some gas station owners do not care about their customers, or maybe the store manager isn't making sure the job of getting paper and ink into the printers at the pump is being done, whatever the issue, store owners take note that even loyal patrons will choose to go somewhere else if it becomes a issue. It has come to the point that I will avoid a station even if it is more convenient if I know I will end up having to go inside the store after paying at the pump. If I am in a hurry and I do happen to stop at your store and I have to go inside you bet I am no longer a happy customer. If I have to get gas at your store I will put in only as much gas as I absolutely need and not fill up.
Okay, some are saying who cares if I get a receipt? I never keep them anyway. That is all well and good but a lot of times you need the receipt for work if getting mileage, or even taxes for varies reasons. In general it is the point. If you offer pay at the pump and you ask if you would like a receipt and you have printer failure or it says see clerk inside, you are no longer promoting convenience and fast service. In an economy where you can use loyal customers I may just go down the street to your competitor. In all just maintenance your pumps if you want happy and loyal customers.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment